An Edward Lowe Foundation Workshop in Collaboration With NAWBO
As business leaders struggle to navigate through a crisis, one of the most difficult challenges is dealing with the many levels of uncertainty.
Designed especially for second-stage leaders, “Leading Through Challenging Times” is a new virtual workshop that first examines how the brain’s neural circuitry reacts to uncertainty—which can impact our thinking and behavior for better or worse. Then, the program takes a deep dive into proven coping mechanisms to help leaders think more clearly, re-energize themselves, gain control over emotions and make better decisions.
Finally, we move into brain-based tools and frameworks that leaders can use to guide their teams, learn from potential threats and establish how their companies will need to look on the other side of the crisis.
A crisis is an intersection between danger and opportunity. Business leaders need to be able to think clearly, learn and adapt—and set the kind of short-term strategies that will move their firms away from threats and toward opportunities.
What You’ll Learn
- How your brain instinctively reacts to danger and opportunity, and how that can impact your leadership abilities.
- Techniques for gaining control over your thinking and emotions.
- The different phases of change and how to guide your team through them.
- Tools to navigate uncertainty and move to a more positive future.
Why It Matters
- The leader sets the tone for the company during a crisis.
- Impulsive knee-jerk behaviors can have dire consequences to your team’s motivation, engagement and productivity.
- Change can consume our physical, intellectual and emotional energy.
- This is as much about your personal well-being as your company’s well-being.
Program length for each cohort is six (6) hours, broken into two-hour segments over three days.
Tuesday, June 9 – 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
Wednesday, June 10 – 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
Thursday, June 11 – 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
Gold Ticket – Includes virtual training PLUS six-week accountability group that will meet three times in the NAWBO Institute
- Members: $550
- Non-Members: $650
Silver Ticket – Includes virtual training without accountability group
- Members: $350
- Non-Members: $450
This program replaces the NAWBO A.C.E. program, which was cancelled due to COVID-19. NAWBO members and non-members are invited to participate. Each program is limited to two cohorts of 25 participants.
Email Lynda Bishop at email@example.com
As the Baltimore Regional Chapter, those three words resonate with our members – helping them BUILD their businesses by REACHING new heights and by COLLABORATING with other members through educational programming, networking and Mastermind Groups.